Special education is defined as specially planned instruction for students with learning disabilities that meets their unique needs, allowing them to follow the general curriculum and make progress that is appropriate given their circumstances within a differentiated classroom that offers more opportunities for learning characterised by special instruction or accommodations.
This training course equips educators with the knowledge, skills, and strategies essential for providing effective instruction to students with diverse learning needs. This comprehensive program encompasses a range of topics, including understanding various learning disabilities and implementing evidence-based teaching techniques. Participants will learn differentiated instruction methods that cater to varying abilities within an inclusive classroom setting. The course emphasizes fostering a supportive and inclusive learning environment, where students feel empowered and encouraged to progress at their own pace. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge, practical exercises, and real-world case studies, educators gain the confidence and expertise needed to deliver specially tailored instruction that maximizes the potential of every student, ensuring they can successfully engage with the general curriculum and make meaningful progress that will support their social and emotional learning, promote positive learning and pro-social behaviors, and increase their independence.
The training course will focus on:
1. Understanding Diverse Learning Needs: Participants will develop a deep understanding of various learning disabilities, including their characteristics, impact on academic performance, and potential co-occurring challenges.
2. Evidence-Based Instructional Techniques: Educators will acquire a repertoire of evidence-based teaching strategies and interventions proven to be effective for students with diverse learning needs.
3. Differentiated Instruction: Educators will learn how to design and implement differentiated instruction to address a wide range of abilities within an inclusive classroom, ensuring all students receive appropriate levels of challenge and support.
4. Creating Inclusive Learning Environments: The course will focus on creating a classroom atmosphere that is welcoming, accepting, and conducive to learning for all students, fostering a sense of belonging and self-confidence.
5. Progress Monitoring and Assessment Strategies: Participants will develop skills in assessing student progress, identifying areas of improvement, and making data-informed decisions to adjust instruction accordingly.
6. Collaborative Teamwork and Communication: Educators will learn effective strategies for collaborating with parents, support staff, and other professionals to ensure a holistic and coordinated approach to supporting students with learning disabilities.
7. Cultural Sensitivity and Diversity Awareness: The course will promote cultural competence and sensitivity, emphasising the importance of recognising and respecting the diverse backgrounds and experiences of students and their families.
If you are a group of 4 or more people from the same organization and you don’t see any dates that suit your group, send us an e-mail with the proposed dates and we will make the appropriate arrangements for you!
*The hotel is 2-stars. However, with all it offers is definitely the best value for money.
** Dinners are not included in the package because some participants choose not to follow our night-outs.
*** Transportation airport-hotel-airport is not included because it is refunded by your organization.