Today, the world and work are changing fundamentally. Crises (deepening, such as the current one), new technologies, globalization and an aging population have a profound impact on the type and quality of jobs that are available and the range of skills that are required. Currently, about half of the EU population acquires their first job skills through VET. In the past, VET was carried out mainly in a school or in a craft workshop and provided skilled workers for crafts and industry. Modern VET takes many different forms and offers qualifications for many other sectors (the most popular of which is the services and IT sector). Combined forms of education prevail, including general education and vocational training.
The current focus in VET development is on training employees to meet the challenges posed by the transition from the Industrial to the Digital Age. To meet the challenges of the present and the trends of the future in VET, the MOOC4ALL project is developing a flexible innovative social model for learning (SME), which allows successful learning and completion of courses in an online environment through digital technologies. The model allows an instructor, teacher or mentor in VET to lead a group social learning process using any online content. The development of a social model for learning (SSM) contributes to lifelong learning and ‘work-specific learning’ and learners’ needs. Thus, by developing the model, we respond to current trends, growing needs and scenarios for the development of VET over the next decade.
– Mass job losses, changing business and social environment, new realities in the field of VET, education and learning.
– Need to accelerate and increase the efficiency of the learning process for effective orientation to the needs of the labor market.
– Promote digital literacy through flexible hybrid learning models to increase employability as well as expand knowledge through ICT opportunities.
1. Teachers, instructors and mentors in partner organizations and associate partners who teach and work with groups of learners and students. By developing a practical tool – Social Learning Model (SMM) for effective digital, open and innovative education that they can apply in their work.
2. Project partner organizations working in the field of vocational education and training (VET), which diversify the portfolio of their proposed programs and models.